Schools are allocated a sum of money called the Pupil Premium to support children who require additional help with their work. The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school and the children that have been in receipt of Free School Meals in the last six years or have been in care for six months or longer.
At St Mary's CE Primary School all governors and staff share a strong commitment to doing our upmost to remove any barriers that might hinder a child’s development. We are determined to close any gap in attainment between those children eligible for pupil premium and other children. We intend to maximise the achievement of all our children.
The Pupil Premium is funding in addition to the school’s budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils.
Link to the Lancashire County Council site below for further information.
The updated DFE guidance makes it explicit that decisions on spending must be research and evidence informed , using the EEF guidance. St Mary's CEP Primary School regularly refer to the EEF Pupil Premium guide for the last couple of years, have attended a range of EEF professional development courses and refer to the reports and toolkit when identifying school improvement priorities.
Listed below are a range of EEF resources St Mary's CE Primary School have used recently:
- Mastery approaches to learning with effective, continuous links with the NCETM for maths
- EEF Learning Behaviours research programme
- EEF – Improving disadvantaged pupils research programme
- EEF – Metacognition research programme –
- National Tutoring Programme with a focus on reading – Yr1 to Yr6
- Use of the EEF guidance reports – Digital technology, Literacy KS1 and KS2, Mathematics KS1 and KS2, SEND in mainstream, effective use of teaching assistants
- Use of the EEF toolkit for analysis of impact – Feedback, small group tuition, mastery learning, oral language, metacognition, phonics, reading and comprehension strategies.
- EEF Family of Schools database