The Governing Body of the school is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds, who are elected, nominated or co-opted and are representative of parents and teachers, the Local Education Authority and the local community.
School governors work with the headteacher and are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school. Meetings are held each term and committees meet in addition to main Governing Body meetings. The main role of the governors is one of monitoring and evaluation to support the headteacher and his staff.
The governors also have responsibility to
- Ensure that the National Curriculum is followed
- Oversee the school's budget
- Monitor the condition of the school buildings and grounds, and
- Ensure that Special Educational Needs are met
- If you would like to be a school governor please contact the Headteacher to find out about any vacancies.
DATES AND MEETINGS 2019/20
CURRICULUM AND STANDARDS
- Thursday 3rd October 2019 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday 4th February 2020 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 21st May 2020 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 17th October 2019 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday 28th January 2020 - 6:30pm
- Wednesday 6th May 2020 - 6:30pm
FULL GOVERNING BODY
- Tuesday 12th November 2019 - 6:30pm
- Wednesday 25th March 2020 - 6:30pm
- Wednesday 24th June 2020 - 6:30pm