The Governing Body of the school is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds, who are elected, nominated or co-opted and are representative of parents and teachers, the Local Education Authority and the local community.
School governors work with the headteacher and are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school. Meetings are held each term and committees meet in addition to main Governing Body meetings. The main role of the governors is one of monitoring and evaluation to support the headteacher and his staff.
The governors also have responsibility to
- Ensure that the National Curriculum is followed
- Oversee the school's budget
- Monitor the condition of the school buildings and grounds, and
- Ensure that Special Educational Needs are met
- If you would like to be a school governor please contact the Headteacher to find out about any vacancies.
DATES AND MEETINGS 2023/2024
CURRICULUM AND STANDARDS
- Thursday 21st September 2023 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday 18th January 2024 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 9th May 2024 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 5th October 2023- 6:30pm
- Thursday 1st February 2024 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 23rd May 2024 - 6:30pm
FULL GOVERNING BODY
- Thursday 30th November 2023 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 21st March 2024 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 27th JUne 2024 - 6:30pm