The Governing Body of the school is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds, who are elected, nominated or co-opted and are representative of parents and teachers, the Local Education Authority and the local community.
School governors work with the headteacher and are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school. Meetings are held each term and committees meet in addition to main Governing Body meetings. The main role of the governors is one of monitoring and evaluation to support the headteacher and his staff.
The governors also have responsibility to
- Ensure that the National Curriculum is followed
- Oversee the school's budget
- Monitor the condition of the school buildings and grounds, and
- Ensure that Special Educational Needs are met
- If you would like to be a school governor please contact the Headteacher to find out about any vacancies.
DATES AND MEETINGS 2021/22
CURRICULUM AND STANDARDS
- Thursday 23rd September 2021 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday 1st February 2022 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 19th May 2022 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 7th October 2021- 6:30pm
- Tuesday 8th February 2022 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 5th May 2022 - 6:30pm
FULL GOVERNING BODY
- Tuesday 23rd November 2021 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 24th March 2022 - 6:30pm
- Thursday 30th June 2022 - 6:30pm